MPJ Scholarship for African Students
Millennium Promise Japan (MPJ) is an authorized Non-Profit Organization which supports community development projects throughout Africa for poverty reduction.
The MPJ Scholarship was established to facilitate mutual exchange and understanding between African and Japanese people by supporting students from African countries.
[NEW] The theme of the essay, which is one of the required documents, was announced.
See the announcemnet page.
An applicant must meet all the criteria below:
- An African country national
- A resident of Japan at the time of application
- A student studying for the degree course of bachelor, master or doctor in a Japanese university or a college
- No older than 30 years old at the time of application
- A student recommended by a Japanese university, a Japanese college and so on
- A student who can participate in MPJ’s international exchanging events held mainly in Tokyo irregularly
*No restriction of plural grants
2.Number of Recipients
Up to 2 students per year
3.Scholarship Amount and Duration
20,000 yen per month (Maximum 2 years)
- A letter of application
- A certificate of student status
- Recommendation letters (at least one)
- An essay of your own
- Academic records in last year
Please download the application form from here and fill in it.
Please request the University or College you attend now to issue it.
Please ask the person(s) who can assure you of the academic ability and character.
The theme will be announced on the MPJ’s website on 1st March.
Please type it within 2 pages of A4 size sheet.
Copies are acceptable.
*Use A4 size paper as in portrait format basically.
*All documents must be typed in English.
*Documents will not be returned and will be kept internal use only.
The application must reach the MPJ office no later than April 30th 2015 by post mail.
Please send all the documents listed above at article 4 to MPJ’s physical address as below;
The selection will be implemented based on comprehensive evaluation of both academic ability and character, according to the following process;
- Applicant screening according to presented documents (in the first half of May 2015)
- Interview in person or via Skype in English (in the second half of May 2015)
- First scholarship to be awarded in June 2015
If you have any questions, please send emails to MPJ’s office.